We’re excited to announce the sessions we will have on offer during our Calgary Weekend Workshop – July 29-31. The full schedule with session times and parallel programming information will be available before the event.
Friday 29th July:
Casual welcome evening from 7pm.
8pm: Film Screening: Loic Zimmermann’s “A Solitary Mann”. Open to the public.
Jeremy Mann’s world is a place where pain, desire, and lust combine to project the realest parts of the human spirit. He embodies the grit and character of the urban landscape with a tone and color quality rivaled by few. Supported by a massive global following, his approach is a combination of menacing attack, fused with bolero romanticism.
Los Angeles based French director Loic Zimmermann combines a strong cinematic aesthetic with a cinéma vérité approach to capture the visceral parts of Mann, while humanizing the experience in an effort to bring the viewer behind the paint.
Saturday 30th July:
Opening Ceremony – First Nations Welcome and Introduction to Legendeer Calgary
- Robalu Gibsun: Voice Opening performance and improv session.
- Adam Paquette: Active Imagination in the Digital Space: Rapid digital idea development, using your environment, audience and other resources as stimulus.
- Vanessa Lemen: Temperament and Mark-Making: Discovering existing tendencies and natural strengths through your choice of tools. Demonstration of multiple media.
- Sterling Hundley: Painting demonstration and discussion of process.
- Jeremy Collins: Demonstration
- Marc Scheff and Lauren Panepinto: Confidence bootcamp and marketing skills for artists.
- Ron Lemen: World Building
- Loic Zimmermann: Turning points, choices, and coming full circle: “Nothing is Lost”.
- Pete Mohrbacher and Sam Flegel: Opportunities for Careers outside of clients, galleries and day jobs.
- Apolla Echino: “Inspiration comes during the work itself”. Independent travel filmmaking and long term vision.
- Brian Thompson: Teamwork, ego, and holding group vision.
Staying true to Personal Voice.
Apolla Echino, Rob Gibsun, Ron Lemen, Vanessa Lemen. Moderated by Sterling Hundley.
Extended hours for 1:1 Portfolio and Career reviews.
Sunday 31st July:
- Marc Scheff and Lauren Panepinto: Holistic Business Reviews: Workshop career options, portfolios, approach and confidence.
- Pete Mohrbacher and Sam Flegal: Entrepreneurial Consultations: Workshop your plan for an artist-owned business.
- Sterling Hundley: Ideation Workshop: Creating ideas that carry across media and medium.
- Loic Zimmermann: Exploring Cinematography and Staging (with live actors): Composition, interaction and space.
- Adam Paquette: Embedded Sketchbook Practise: Fine tuning awareness and rapid observation.
- Ron Lemen: The Contemplative Narrative of Light and Dark: Exploring the self psychologically, spiritually and personally through analogy with light and dark.
- Robalu Gibsun: Poetry, Intersection and Personal Voice: Streamlining ideas for communication, personal promotion and historical documentation.
- Brian Thompson: Collaboration Workshop.
- Apolla Echino: Pathways to Funding. Cultivate relationships, pursue opportunities, and fund creatively.
- Jeremy Collins: The Intersection of the Outside and the Inside.
- Vanessa Lemen: Crafting Narrative through Personal History & Reflection.
Approaches to Business – Owning your creativity no matter your path.
Marc Scheff, Lauren Panepinto, Brian Thompson, Jeremy Collins, Sam Flegal, Pete Mohrbacher. Moderated by Adam Paquette.
Legendeer: Vision, Process, Outcome – Adam Paquette & Sterling Hundley
Full Faculty Q&A and open discussion – ask us anything.